Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thinking of a yellow nursery #10

A friend of mine asked me to style her baby girl's nursery, a gal after my own heart she loves vintage and eclectic.  I am so excited I love nothing more than a project.  First things first, we had to decide on a colour.  SNAP! we both said yellow.  Yeah, now lets go crazy with inspiration......


Vintage Swedish made cot, great we love it, hard to find, lets be practical......




Ikea Hensvik. We love this, love that it's still Swedish and will come up a treat in a coat of yellow paint


This cosy vintage cot throw makes my heart melt.  I found it on Madeit by 'Little Button'.  Gorgeous vintage fabrics with vintage chenille backing and ruffles.




You can always find a good basic old piece on eBay or your local Salvation army store.  If you live in Sydney 'The Bower' is an Aladdin's cave of old furniture and recyclable homewares




This is so perfect eBay




Of course I'll be hanging one of the Rowantree Design vintage dresses on the door


www.rowantree.com.au


A montage of vintage wallpapers gives a lovely nana touch




Vintage fabric bunting by Tinamagee on Etsy



Vintage French school chair.  I like the industrial edge this chair brings to the earthiness of the wooden furniture.


For the walls......


Wild horses my, why not?  'Delilah Devine' Madeit




Yellow cuckoo clock 'Snowfawn Homewares' Madeit






A vintage dolls pram is great storage for all the softies. Cute!


Eclectic little treasures.


Bunny night light
Wow, I loving up the yummy yellow, it's a great colour palette.  I can't wait to get started.



3 comments:

  1. Oh there is some lovely inspiration there, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour palette too. The wall paper swatches look amazing applied like that, and the chair, the chair, the chair-lust inducing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous porgeous! What an eye you have. I have some Delilha Devine flying ducks. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...