Sunday, February 27, 2011

Children's Deco.... Something special for the wall


Searching for fun things for Rowan's room 


See my cushion featured in 'Shop4Kids'


At home in Nanna and Poppa's big house


Cookoo inspired heaven!
 

Woodland fawn print in Aqua


I have been slowly creating a room for Rowan in the big house as we have fondly nicknamed Nan and Poppa's house and over the last 6 months I have been rummaging through op shops and auction houses, thumbing through magazines and surfing the net looking for fun things to decorate his room in a style that is quirky and bright that I am hoping he will love.

On a trip to Japan I found these fabulously retro printed fabrics just like little flour sacks, with cute little 50's style pictures.   Cushions covers perfect!   One for Rowan's room!  And a big surprise they were featured in the latest children's style bible Shop4Kids.  These fun, safe and comfy cushions are now available at my online store Rowantree Designs .  They have been such a hit. I know of a few lurking happily around a some little people's rooms in the inner west of Sydney.

Whilst thumbing through Shop4Kids I spied this Oh so cute Nordic inspired clock designed by 
Jo Melrose.  Jo is a designer and artist from Melbourne and Jo creates beautifully designed laser cut clocks wall hangings, prints and recycled greeting cards all in eco friendly materials.  I just fell in love with this cookoo inspired clock and Jo is happy to custom color....hmmm.. definitely turquoise.  Boys love turquoise don't they!  I could not resist the purchase of this little fawn print for Mathilda. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...