Sunday, June 5, 2011

Going Loopey over Hexagons

The update.....


I am so excited that tomorrow I will be showing up for my crochet class at Calico and Ivy with 55 crochet hexagons complete and ready to begin the journey to become a gorgeous cushion.  I feel such a sense of achievement.  Five years ago I would have fell down laughing if you had told me I would be gob smacked proud over a bag of crochet hexagons.  I love them, I take them out of the bag several times a day to admire the color combinations, lovingly stroke them and count them.  Oh how I have enjoyed the pile getting bigger......
Last Monday a lay day for crochet class the girls came to my house, we sat around the table, we chatted, drank tea and ate cake, our crochet needles an extension of our hands, our talk of double chain, treble chain, lingered on long into the afternoon....WOW that was a great day, clearing the table of wool ends I couldn't wipe the smile from my face, I felt part of something secret, we bonded, we crocheted, we are a little crochet club in the making.....




I have chosen this blue stripe ticking for the backing.....



I hope mine looks like this 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...