Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dachshund Fun

I don't know anybody who can resist a dachsund.  I love to watch those little legs seemingly going much faster than the body.  Last trip to Tokyo I snapped up a beautiful piece of slub linen fabric with perfect little dachshunds, in tones of tans and blacks happily frollicking over the piece of fabric.  Keeping that is mind I visited one of my favourite toy stores last weekend, Monkey Puzzle in Summer Hill, and what was in the window.  You got it, a fabulously cheeky dachshund pull along toy.  I know it is only February but it is never too early to start Christmns shopping for your first grandchild.  
This handsome hound is a Vilac toy which are known for their classic look and feel, they are smoothly rounded wooden toys, with high gloss lacquered finish.  Vilac toys are timeless and have such durability I know that this handsome hound will be in Rowan's toy box for years.


A very celebrated Japanese artist Yoshitomo Nara designed this handsome hound.






Inspired by this little hound. I went straight to my fabric stash and pulled out my fabulous piece of dachshund printed linen and happily made boys shorts for the rest of the afternoon.  Although I don't have them on my Rowantree site please feel free to give me a call and check to see if I have them in your size.

Just the dashingist dachshund pants I ever seen!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...